News > Colin the cat stuck in his collar
Colin the cat stuck in his collar
Colin the cat stuck in his collar
Colin the cat stuck in his collar
Colin the cat stuck in his collar

Deputy Manager, Lisa at Woodside said “The collar that had been placed on the cat some time ago had become loose, possibly due to reduced food intake or poor fitting and one of this front legs had become trapped in it. With movement this collar has then dug into his skin. By the time we were informed of the concern sadly the damage caused was quite severe”.

 

The sanctuary’s welfare team were able to catch the cat, who has been named Colin, and he was taken straight to the vet, where he received immediate painkillers and treatment.

 

This is by no means the first time the sanctuary has seen injuries caused by collars but is it one of the most extreme.

 

We understand that for many, the worry of losing their much loved cat is a regular concern. As a charity we always recommend that cats are microchipped and if you choose to use a collar ensure it is always a quick release collar to prevent such awful accidents and injuries.

 

Colin is recovering well in the care of Woodside. The path will not be quick and he have many weeks of treatment ahead of him still. He also needs to regain his trust in people, but his good appetite is certainly helping.